Quick Links: Car Accident Lawyer | Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer | Legal Malpractice Claim | Truck Accident Lawyer

What To Do If You’re Hit by a Drunk Driver.

As a result of holiday gatherings and get-togethers, more drivers are impaired by alcohol. Unfortunately, fatalities and accidents involving impaired drivers have become so predictable during this time that many highways patrol departments now issue fatality and crash estimates. The most traveled time of the year is Thanksgiving weekend — where DUI arrests are at their highest. The period between Thanksgiving and the end of New Year’s weekend can also be particularly dangerous.

Driving While Impaired: What To Do If You’re Hit by a Drunk Driver.

If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident where the other driver was under the influence, you have an excellent chance of receiving compensation for all injuries stemming from the incident, through a personal injury lawsuit against the offender. However, there are some steps that you need to be aware of to expedite the process.

Call the police immediately. The first thing you should do is try to obtain a police report. This would ensure that the accident is properly documented, which is integral for your lawsuit. Driving while impaired is against the law, and you’ll be able to help to enforce it.

Collect information. If you’re able to, collect as much information from the scene as possible. Pieces of information that can potentially augment your case include insurance information, contact details, and recorded information from witnesses in either video or audio format. Take pictures of the incident and any visible injuries.

Hire a lawyer that specializes in personal injury. Before you speak with your insurance company regarding the incident, get in contact with a qualified attorney for legal counsel. You deserve to be compensated for all damages to your vehicle, injuries to your body, and suffering.

Drunk Driving: Insured and Uninsured

If the drunk driver is uninsured or underinsured, you likely have options. You probably have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in your automobile policy. Such coverage provides you the opportunity of recovering compensation due to you through settlement or arbitration. But you will need an attorney to prosecute your claim.

If you or someone you know has been injured by an impaired driver and you’d like our help, just reach out. Our legal team is ready to fight for you. Call James at 714-698-4750. You can also contact us online. There are no upfront costs and the attorney fee is a percentage of the recovery. If there is no recovery, there is no attorney fee. Consultations are free and confidential.